Toronto Incubators and Accelerators
Today, we will be covering Incubators and Accelerators in Toronto. Are you planning to open a startup but still haven’t decided on the city? Toronto is a great place to open your startup. It is becoming one of the top innovation hubs in the world. Toronto is home to a large number of startups like Shopify, Ritual, WealthSimple, Coinsquare, Tulip, Sensibill, Lendified, EventMobi, ClearBanc, League, Drop, Connected, Ada, PathFactory, OpenCare, Loopio, StackAdapt and many more.
One of the top reasons why so many startups select Toronto/GTA is because of the amazing support from incubators and accelerators in and around Toronto. Here’s a list of some of the top incubators and accelerators in Toronto:
1.Creative Destruction Lab | Incubators and Accelerators – https://www.creativedestructionlab.com/
The Creative Destruction Lab is a seed-stage program for massively scalable, science-based companies.
2. MaRS Discovery District – https://www.marsdd.com/
MaRS helps high-impact Canadian tech ventures grow and succeed
3. gBeta Toronto – https://www.gbetastartups.com/toronto
gBETA is a free, seven-week accelerator for early-stage companies with local roots.
4. Hatchery – https://hatchery.engineering.utoronto.ca/
Hatchery helps you take your ideas and launch them into successful startups through our NEST and Launch Lab processes.
5. IDEABoost – https://www.ideaboost.ca/
IDEABOOST is a Toronto-based business accelerator and startup community for companies that are building the next generation of technology-based media and entertainment products, services, and brands.
6. Ryerson DMZ – https://dmz.ryerson.ca/
DMZ helps startups accelerate, scale, raise and hire.
7. NextCanada | Incubators Accelerators Series – https://www.nextcanada.com/
NextCanada helps accelerate your trajectory with access to education, mentorship and funding.
JLABS @ Toronto provides a second “home-base” for R&D and management teams.
9. LaunchYU – http://launchyu.ca/
York University’s comprehensive program designed to build, launch and scale high potential ventures
10. LeapForward – https://leafforward.org/
Leaf Forward is the global launchpad for cannabis innovation.
11. OneEleven – https://www.oneeleven.com/
OneEleven is home to a community of high-performing technology scaleups.
12. The Hub – https://www.utsc.utoronto.ca/thehub/
The Hub is U of T Scarborough’s startup incubator. We help students and recent alumni from all disciplines launch successful business ideas.
13. CommuniTech (Kitchener) | Incubators and Accelerators – https://www.communitech.ca/
CommuniTech is a private-public partnership driven by the mission to help tech companies start, grow and succeed.
14. Velocity (Waterloo) – http://velocity.uwaterloo.ca/
University of Waterloo’s Velocity is built to support founders.
15. The Hub (Guelph) | Incubators and Accelerators – https://www.uoguelph.ca/johnfwoodcentre/thehub
The Hub offers U of G students and alumni funding, dedicated office space and access to experienced entrepreneurs.